What do most individuals do on vacation? Take vacation! Duhhhh!!! What a dumb question, why would you ask something so stupid TheYoungRetireeBy33!
WELL NOT THIS GUY!!! You have two choices in the life you live. You can do what everyone else is doing and get similar results, you know the classic Choice 1:
- Work till your 65
- Save a little money here and there with hopes of having enough to not run out after retirement
- Continue to have lifestyle creep, buy bigger homes and fancier cars as your income increases (hey now, I deserve it!)
Or…. you have Choice 2:
- Live a life with a growth mindset understanding the world we live in is full of abundance
- Put in the time and effort today that will set yourself up to be successful in the next 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5+ years
Here is the decision I have made. Instead of taking an actual vacation and traveling around the world or country, I decided to take massive action and research the market I live in. You can’t change where you are going to be in 5 years if you don’t change your actions today! Vacation? What vacation? I haven’t earned the right to take time off not dedicated to my overarching goals.
What I Decided to Do on My Vacation:
After researching all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of my vacation, I went to checkout 10 properties on Thursday morning. I targeted a specific area based off the detailed research I did earlier in the week.
Friday morning, I put in 6 offers on 6 of the 10 properties I liked. Each offer included three different options for the seller. The lowest offer was all cash. The middle offer was a regular 20% conventional loan. The highest offer for seller financing.
Four of the six offers got declined with no counter. Oh well. On to the next ones. I received counter offers for the other two. It was then time to begin the negotiation!
After much negotiation back and forth, I have my first true investment property under contract (I do house hack my current home so not sure if that counts as 1 or not, will have an entire separate post about house hacking soon)! I was excited to take massive action, set a target of getting a good deal under contract while I was on “vacation”, and learning a new world that I had not previously understood.
I have much more information that will be coming in future posts about this property and what I expect the numbers to be. For now, here is are the main points I want others to take away.
- Doing what others have done will typically lead you to the same end results. If you want to be lazy and kick it binge watching tv on the weekends, make sure you are prepared to not make progress towards any sort of goals.
- You must be willing to put in the time and effort now to get where you want to go. The last three weekends I have been up at 6am with a clear plan of what I was going to accomplish during my morning. Most 27-year old’s were still asleep probably still drunk from going out the night before.
- A driven individual with no plan might as well not be driven. Drive is only one portion of the equation. If you don’t know what you want to do or what your goals are, focus on that first. You can’t get to where you want to go if you don’t know the end goal.
#BiggerPockets #RealEstate#RealEstateInvesting #RentalProperty#Blog #Money #Mindset #Mission#YRB33 #Investing #DFC#DebtFreeCommunity#FinancialIndependence #Finances#Motivation #SideHustle #Savings#Retire #EarlyRetirement#FinanciallyFree #Retirement#Finances #PersonalFinance #GoBig