I am ready to challenge myself! Do something that will be difficult. I am sure my friends and family will think I am crazy, but that is fine by me 🤗
My 90 Day Challenge:
I am committing to no drinking for 90 days!
Now the truth is I actually started this challenge on June 22nd (today is July 28th). I let my accountability partner know about this challenge and have stuck in strong up to this point. For some reason I decided the hardest time to take on this challenge. To this point I have had to pass up drinking at: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- An open bar event with Senior Vice President and Vice Presidents from my company⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- My 27th birthday⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- July 4th celebrations ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- An open bar at a best friends wedding⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Every flight I have made for work that has had free alcohol⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Celebrating a friends 40th birthday⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I am working harder to push myself to do things most wouldn’t. My family all thinks I am crazy for even attempting. I don’t mind others opinions and thoughts on the subject though. I will continue pushing myself to do things others think is crazy. ⠀⠀⠀⠀
Benefits I Have Already Seen⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Something that has been interesting has been the benefits I have seen from this.
- Save so much money! Not sure why I didn’t think about this, but a large chunk of my Entertainment spend has been alcohol. Will see how my monthly spending reduces with cutting alcohol out.
- Don’t have to worry about hangovers. It is tough to be hungover when you don’t drink anything! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Can be the designated driver for the party! Now my friends and family don’t have to worry about paying for an Uber if we go out. Benefit for them I guess haha⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- My body generally feeling better. The elimination of alcohol has made my body feel much better! I am also working to cut processed foods from my diet. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
All in all, I am excited to see this 90 day challenge through! The 90th day will be September 20th. Time to get it and continue strong!
- Challenge yourself every day to do something difficult. Challenge yourself to do something that will make others think you are crazy.
- Find yourself an accountability partner that you commit to. I reached out to someone to tell them what I planned to do. Having someone you commit a challenge to is important.
- Cutting out alcohol can save you a significant amount of money. I would say most people in their 20’s spend a significant amount of money each month on alcohol. Last month I spent roughly $200 on alcohol.