Oh yeah. You read that right. Ready for this weeks challenge?!
Take a cold shower every day this week!
Now let me start with the why first and acknowledging I have more than likely lost 70% of the audience already.
Benefits of taking a cold shower in the morning:
- Life is all about doing things that are difficult. Taking a cold shower is a cringe worthy thing to think about. When completing this task early in the morning, you have completed a difficult task right off the bat!
- Cold showers promote fat loss!
- Cold showers improve immunity by reducing inflammation and increases circulation in your body
- Cold showers lower stress and chances of depression
- Cold showers enhance your skin and hair! According to cold showers help seal the hair shaft. Being a male I have no idea what that means, but I guess it is a good thing.
There are many more benefits you can read up on that I have not described above. I wanted to provide more context on the benefits before you dismiss the notion. I have listened to some of the most powerful speakers (Tom Bilyeu, Dr. Joe Dispenza, Wim Hof) talk about the power of taking a cold shower. The benefits far outway feeling “uncomfortable” for 30 seconds in the morning.
Are You Up For the Challenge?
So what do you think? Are you willing to take the leap and take a cold shower each morning this week? If you are not willing to take a full cold shower, you can always finish off your shower with 30 seconds of cold water. There is a large benefit even if the “cold” is only felt for 30 seconds. I usually take one deep breath to focus my concentration before the cold hits.
Challenge yourself! Step outside the norms and knock off a difficult thing at the very beginning of your day! You will feel rewarded after getting out. I promise. Every morning I get out of the shower with a bit of an adrenaline rush. See if you get the same benefits.
- Completing a difficult task in the morning will give you a sense of accomplishment from the get go!
- There are many psychological and physical benefits to taking a cold shower
- If you aren’t willing to challenge yourself to do things that are difficult, I guess you can stay with the pack. Be different. Try to do things that make others look at you like you are crazy.